Monday, October 19, 2009

SW-MOTECH Quick Disconnect Side Carrier and Givi E21 Saddle Luggages

101809-Givi-SWMOTECH Side Carrier (8)
Initially, I was planning to purchase hard luggage next year after my Europe trip and using a PacSafe LidSafe to store my gear as a stop gap. However, it took awhile to remove and store my gear in the LidSafe and I wanted to re-start hitting the gym prior to or after work. Hence, the luggage was purchased less than a week of owning this motorcycle.

One of my criteria for upgrading from the 250 Virago to a 500CC+ Standard motorcycle was side saddle and/or trunk luggage availability without much customizing. The FZ6 and SV650 was my top choices. And thanks to the great resources of Twisted Throttle, whom provides great service via their internet website and quick shipping, I installed the SW-MOTECH quick disconnect side carrier bracket and Givi E21 luggage during a work night.

Not much to say regarding the relatively straight forward installation other than:
  1. I used heat shrink (material not provided) for splicing and lengthening the cable for the turn signal.
  2. The license plate bracket was flipped upside down.
101509p-SWtech-Givi Saddle  Bags Installation (75)

flickr Photo Set of SW-MOTECH Side Carrier and Givi E21 Installation

No comments:

Post a Comment