Monday, October 12, 2009

Raising the Forks via the Triple's

I dropped the front 12/32" by raising the forks via triples. Very easy modification to perform and I felt I earned better handling--or what seems to be a similar response to my Virago. I needed help from my brother to ensure the motorcycle did not tip over.

Using the side stand and bricks between the rear tire, we jacked the front end via a floor jack underneath the engine (?) to provide a support structure prior to loosening the front fork upper and lower clamps (12mm?). We loosen the upper clamp bolts (2 bolts), followed by the lower clamp bolts (4 bolts). Then, we slowly lowered the floor jack to raise the fork ~ 12/32". After verifying both left and right side tubes were even, the upper and lower clamp bolts were re-tightened and torqued to 16.5 lb-ft or 198 lb-in.

101209p-12 32 Lowering Front via Triples (6) 101209p-12 32 Lowering Front via Triples (17)
flickr lowering the front via triples set

I may later raise the forks to a total of 3/4" after the installation of the longer dogbones (1.25" lowering links).

No comments:

Post a Comment